The Nisichawayasihk Education Authority accepts student registrations in the first two weeks of August.
Pre-registration is essential since student registrations cannot be accepted on the first day of school.
Procedures for Registration of Student
- No students will be permitted to register unless accompanied by a parent or a guardian.
- If the student is not from the community, the guardian needs to call the school to make an appointment, prior to coming to the community, if possible.
- A designated administrator will meet with guardian for discussion regarding the child’s behaviour, work habits and to gather any special information.
- Registration information will be recorded.
- The school will call the previous school and request information, namely, the student’s cumulative file, report card, attendance record, any medical or behavioural anomalies and, in the case of a special needs student, an Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- A student may be assigned to a class temporarily, until the school is in receipt of the information requested from the previous school.
- Depending on circumstances, such as special medical problems, severe behavioural problems, etc., a student’s assignment to a class could be postponed until the school is in receipt of the information requested above.
- If desired, the parent or guardian can meet with the teacher before the student enters the class.
Please contact us for more information.